Sunday, April 30 2017
Subscribe to email updates from Senator Donahue  
Jack Donahue Newsletter 8-10-07 Blueprint LA PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, August 12 2007 - 8:25 pm

Dear Friends,

As I meet with voters in District 11, I often hear about the need to change the way we operate in Louisiana. I could not agree more, which is why I am running for the State Senate and I am so excited about the statewide reform organization, Blueprint Louisiana.

Blueprint Louisiana is a reform-focused organization committed to changing Louisiana to “create a state we deserve.” After exhaustive research, citizen input and public forums across Louisiana, Blueprint Louisiana recently announced their five-part plan to make this a better state for our citizens to live, work and retire.

Dear Friends,

As I meet with voters in District 11, I often hear about the need to change the way we operate in Louisiana. I could not agree more, which is why I am running for the State Senate and I am so excited about the statewide reform organization, Blueprint Louisiana.

Blueprint Louisiana is a reform-focused organization committed to changing Louisiana to “create a state we deserve.” After exhaustive research, citizen input and public forums across Louisiana, Blueprint Louisiana recently announced their five-part plan to make this a better state for our citizens to live, work and retire.

Here are the commonsense goals that are Blueprint Louisiana’s top five priorities:

• Adopt the nation’s best ethics laws

• Prepare students for a lifetime of success

• Develop a skilled work force

• Provide first-class access to health care

• Build a superior transportation system

Now that the goals have been established, Blueprint Louisiana is in the process of recruiting citizens to endorse the plan and is sending a contract for all legislative candidates to sign. I am pleased to announce that I will enthusiastically sign the Blueprint Louisiana contract and will work toward the implementation of these goals in the Louisiana Legislature.

With term limits there will be massive change in the Louisiana Legislature next year and a historic opportunity to tackle the longstanding problems of transportation, health care, workforce development, ethics and education. Friends, you can be assured that in the legislature, I will be in the forefront of the reform movement on all of these issues and will work with Blueprint Louisiana and other good government groups to propose substantive, far-reaching legislation to tackle these problems.

What is especially encouraging about Blueprint Louisiana is that the movement is driven by civic activists and business leaders throughout the state, not politicians. As a business leader on the Northshore, I am pleased to endorse an organization which is pro-business and pro-Louisiana. The importance of this initiative for Louisiana cannot be overstated.

I strongly encourage all of you to become involved in Blueprint Louisiana by signing up as a member of the organization or making a donation to their cause. For more information, visit www.BlueprintLouisiana.org.

Throughout the campaign for State Senate, I will continue to provide you my observations and suggestions on significant issues facing the state. It is time for leadership in Baton Rouge, and I stand ready to lead as the next State Senator for District 11. The election will be held on Saturday, October 20. Please join me in this campaign to not only become your next State Senator, but to also begin the long process of turning around the great State of Louisiana.

I encourage you to contact me with your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. I can be reached at (985) 612-1034 or via e-mail.

Sincerely yours,

Jack Donahue
Candidate for LA State Senate, District 11