Sunday, April 30 2017
Subscribe to email updates from Senator Donahue  
Jack Donahue For Senate Newsletter-Senator Tom Schedler PDF Print E-mail
Friday, October 19 2007 - 7:47 am

Dear Friends:

If you have any confusion about who Senator Tom Schedler is supporting in this election, please see the link below.

CLICK HERE

DIRECT LINK: http://jackdonahueforsenate.com/senator-tom-schedler-for-jack-donahue.html

Download the PDF 

DIRECT LINK: http://jackdonahueforsenate.com/images/stories/VOTEDONAHUE.pdf

Over the last two years, it has been my honor to share with you some of my thoughts and ideas about this election. Now, it is time to respectfully ask for your vote on Saturday in this important State Senate District 11 race.

Throughout my career, I have been involved in civic affairs, in our business community and in the political process. I am prepared to bring that dedication and involvement to the Northshore as your next State Senator.

Since the 1970’s, I have been dealing regularly with the Louisiana Legislature on a host of issues that affect our state. For the last three years, I have spent one day per week in the State Capitol visiting with legislators about the problems that impact us in District 11. I am more convinced than ever that I can help lead our state toward the type of reform and change that we desperately need.

My leadership abilities have been recognized by respected organizations. For example, I was honored to be named Businessman of the Year by the St. Tammany West Chamber of Commerce. In the Louisiana Legislature, I will be able to bring fresh business-oriented perspectives to many of the long-standing problems that have beset state government.

As a community activist, I have been honored to work with a diverse group of organizations such as the First Emanuel Baptist Church in New Orleans, Mary Queen of Peace Church in Mandeville and the St. Tammany West Habitat for Humanity. I know the concerns of so many people in our district. From insurance costs to affordable housing shortages to infrastructure headaches, I am well aware of the needs in our district and strongly believe that I can make a positive impact on these issues in Baton Rouge. We need to make Louisiana a more livable state for our families and businesses. I have both the desire and the commitment to help change our state, both the image and the reality of living and working in Louisiana.

I believe that I have the qualifications and the vision to succeed in Baton Rogue. It is crucial for our next Northshore State Senator to be effective and bring our region its fair share of state support for important roadway and capital projects. As your next State Senator, I will work to implement an idea that I have espoused throughout the campaign, to create a Northshore Federation of Legislators (NFL) to give our region more stroke in the State Capitol.

These ideas have been met with a very positive response. Our campaign was honored to receive the endorsement of the Times-Picayune and such prestigious organizations as the Alliance for Good Government and the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry. We would be honored to have your support on Saturday.

It has been a wonderful journey campaigning in this election and meeting so many new people. I am excited about the possibility of bringing change and reform to the Louisiana Legislature. It is time for leadership in Baton Rouge, and I stand ready to lead as the next State Senator for District 11.

Please join me in this campaign to not only become your next State Senator, but to also begin the long process of turning around the great State of Louisiana. PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE ON SATURDAY!

I encourage you to contact me with your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. I can be reached at (985) 612-1034 or via e-mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Sincerely yours,

Jack Donahue
Candidate for LA State Senate, District 11